View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
2021 September Long Weekend Overlanding Trip 

Post 2021 September Long Weekend Overlanding Trip
Starting Saturday 4th September and going to Monday 6th September.

Turtle’s annual overlanding trip. I’ve done this one and it is fantastic! … Starting at Big Bar Lake camp ground on Saturday 4th September and heading for the Big Bar Ferry crossing, then going over China Head and a stop at Poison Mountain, through Mud Lakes to Gun Creek area, and finally the trip home.

Plant is to meet at Big Bar Lake camp ground (Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/1vrXdUELYm2HAisbA, BC Parks Site: http://bcparks.ca/explore/parkpgs/big_bar_lk/) on Friday evening. Saturday morning will be an early rise, and down to the Big Bar Ferry (we have to get there by 9am to make the ferry crossing, must be before noon) and up to China Head Mountain. Camping the second night between China Head Mountain/Poison Mountain and Mud Lakes. Sunday will be trekking through the area of Mud Lakes down to Gun Creek Camp Site. On Monday we break camp and make our way home.

Overlanding, Camping (Three Nights, four days), 35s, Rear Locker and Winch recommended. Stock vehicle can do this if you know how to drive it. All vehicles coming on this trip must have extra fuel, spare tire, front and rear tow points. You are responsible for food and water for the time period indicated. Social distancing must be observed, and if you do not feel well, stay home and work on feeling better.

---------Optional---------
I’m heading to the Big Bar Lake camp site on Friday morning to get a good camp site for our team. Once I get the camp site, I am planning to check out Jesmond Fire Lookout and possibly one other fire lookout tower in the Clinton area. There is not enough time to check out these fire lookout towers on the Saturday. Last year we went to Jesmond and wound up arriving at the Big Bar Ferry during the ferryman’s lunch hour (one hour delay).
---------Optional---------

if you are interested, make sure you respond to this posting, so that we have some idea of the number of vehicles and people coming.

Wishing you a great day,

Bob

2010 JK Sahara - Modified
[O|||||||O]
Amateur Radio - VE7 DGN

Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:25 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: 2021 September Long Weekend Overlanding Trip
I'm in. I will head up Friday after work so not likely to arrive in camp until about 9pm.

The Xterra is gone, and Red Rock is ready.

Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:11 pm

I'm in too

RIP FJ Cruiser
<O===O>

Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:51 pm

Im in.

"I don't care about time or money but I'm overworked and underpaid." John Mellencamp, 2014

"Isn't it amazing what you can accomplish, When you don't let the nation get in your way" Gord Downie, 1998. RIP.

Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:57 pm
Profile WWW

Would like to attend the run if the group is okay with it. Ideally, would like to bring the kids along (11&13). They have been on several overnight trips with me and are old pros at it.

Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:51 pm

You are welcome to join us. Please keep an eye on this post as important details may change due to the wildfires (such as where we will camp and which runs we will do).

RIP FJ Cruiser
<O===O>

Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:06 pm

I’d like to come to this one if possible

Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:20 pm

Hi Tina, you are welcome to join us. Keep an eye on the post in case details change.

RIP FJ Cruiser
<O===O>

Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]