View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Ham Radio antenna installation September 11/12 

Post Ham Radio antenna installation September 11/12
All of our members are hams so I am posting this opportunity for those who wish to get involved in a slightly different aspect of the hobby. This coming weekend - September 11/12 - the Chilliwack Amateur Radio Club is going to be replacing all of the antennas at the Chilliwack EOC. We are looking for helpers, primarily on Saturday, but also on Sunday. No particular skills are needed as we will provide instruction for the various necessary tasks.

We will be replacing 5 VHF/UHF antennas and, most significantly, our HF beam antenna. Through a gaming grant, we have acquired a $17,000 SteppIr antenna which will serve to improve our HF capability. We have an 80' lift capable of carrying two people and the antenna up the tower. If anyone wishes to work with this equipment, we can give you that opportunity.

We will also have to assemble the new antenna, disassemble the old antenna, run new coax (heliax, in this case) and install some supports on our 60' tower.

Please post up if you can come. We plan to start at 9am on Saturday but even if you only have a couple of hours to spare, we would appreciate the assistance.

The location is 5725 Tyson Road in Chilliwack.

The Xterra is gone, and Red Rock is ready.

Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:18 am

Post Re: Ham Radio antenna installation September 11/12
I can help with anything except heights (or I am willing to try to dissuade my fears but no guarantee) Haha. I have a fear of heights but willing to try it. Anything ground level and willing to learn.

.... Carpe Diem
2021 JLUR Sarge Harnett

-______-
O|||||||O

Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:09 pm

We are happy to have you. About 90% of the work will be ground level. I think just me and a couple other guys will actually be going up the tower.

The Xterra is gone, and Red Rock is ready.

Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:49 pm

I am open Tomorrow. Thought today was the 10th. Sorry but have a bunch of errands today. If you still need some help tomorrow, I will be there.

.... Carpe Diem
2021 JLUR Sarge Harnett

-______-
O|||||||O

Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]