View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Saturday 18 September – Blowdown Pass (Cancelled!) 

Post Saturday 18 September – Blowdown Pass (Cancelled!)
Hello,

Day run to Blowdown Pass has been cancelled to to inclement weather. I was hoping that we would be able to make this run as it is one of my favorite places to visit. The trip to the saddle of the pass is 15 kilometers, wit the first 10 kilometers being very easy and the last 5 kilometers being moderate difficulty. The draw to Blowdown Pass is the trail and the amazing views at the saddle (top point between two peaks) of the pass. The area is always very windy, to the point it can be uncomfortable for some and an be very cold. coupled with cloud activity and rain (possibility of snow), and that the area can experience lots of tree falls due to the wind, and hence the name Blowdown Pass... i am cancelling this trip. Next weeks trip to Soo River Valley is still on and the area is stable even in inclement weather. I hope to see you at Soo River Valley.

Thank you and best regards,

Bob

---------Original Text---------
Day run to Blawdown Pass on Saturday 18 September. Meet up is at the Mount Currie Chevron Gas Station (https://goo.gl/maps/qitmSpAzXQJLGfH58) at 11am. Trip plan is to head to the trailhead for Blowdown Pass and arrive there at 12:00noon, air down the tires and head in. One hour up, one to two hours at the saddle of the pass, and one hour down. Back down to the trail head by 4:00pm latest and head back to Mount Currie/Pemberton. Please indicate if you are interested in coming on this run.

If anyone is crazy enough to head down the In-Shuck-Ch & Sts’Alise RR back to the valley we can discuss that, but it is four hour (165 Kilometer) option to consider.

33’s, winch, and front & back tow points on the vehicle are necessary. Rear lockers are good to have. This run is contingent on environment factors, i.e. any bad weather, wildfire, etc. may cause this run to be cancelled.

Best regards,

Bob
---------Original Text---------

2010 JK Sahara - Modified
[O|||||||O]
Amateur Radio - VE7 DGN

Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:56 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Saturday 18 September – Blowdown Pass
I am in!

.... Carpe Diem
2021 JLUR Sarge Harnett

-______-
O|||||||O

Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:17 pm

I'm coming on this trip

RIP FJ Cruiser
<O===O>

Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:37 pm

I am in!

Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:29 pm

Planning to join in on this run.

Up the mountain I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.

Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:21 pm

Post Re: Saturday 18 September – Blowdown Pass (Cancelled!)
Hello,

Day run to Blowdown Pass has been cancelled to to inclement weather. I was hoping that we would be able to make this run as it is one of my favorite places to visit. The trip to the saddle of the pass is 15 kilometers, wit the first 10 kilometers being very easy and the last 5 kilometers being moderate difficulty. The draw to Blowdown Pass is the trail and the amazing views at the saddle (top point between two peaks) of the pass. The area is always very windy, to the point it can be uncomfortable for some and an be very cold. coupled with cloud activity and rain (possibility of snow), and that the area can experience lots of tree falls due to the wind, and hence the name Blowdown Pass... i am cancelling this trip. Next weeks trip to Soo River Valley is still on and the area is stable even in inclement weather. I hope to see you at Soo River Valley.

Thank you and best regards,

Bob

2010 JK Sahara - Modified
[O|||||||O]
Amateur Radio - VE7 DGN

Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:16 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Saturday 18 September – Blowdown Pass (Cancelled!)
Thanks Robert.

.... Carpe Diem
2021 JLUR Sarge Harnett

-______-
O|||||||O

Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]