View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
2021 September Long Weekend (Changed Please Read) 

Post 2021 September Long Weekend (Changed Please Read)
Starting Saturday 4th September and going to Monday 6th September.

Hello Everyone,

Due to the Wildfire Conditions, Environmental Factors, Weather, etc. the plan for the August Long Weekend has been changed to Apex Mountain. Planning to meet at Nickel Plate Lake Campgrounds (https://goo.gl/maps/Y2CUMyU1uJGi683NA) where we will make our base camp… the best way to get there from Highway #3 (Crow’s Nest Highway) is: https://goo.gl/maps/L2J5K5jnad173Jj58 ... We will be wheeling trails on Apex Mountain and Green Mountain for our runs

I am planning to head out earlier on Friday. If you want to meet me at Hope at 12noon at the Chevron Gas Station (https://goo.gl/maps/yrRxe8x1PZEAapaH8).

Base camp with wheeling trips, 35s, Rear Locker and Winch recommended. Stock vehicle can do this if you know how to drive it. All vehicles coming on this trip must have extra fuel, spare tire, front and rear tow points. You are responsible for food and water for the time period indicated. Since we are establishing base camp at altitude on the mountain please keep in mind that the nights can get cold and make sure that you have appropriate mountain camping gear (sleeping bag, good thermal blankets, long johns, etc.). Social distancing must be observed, and if you do not feel well, stay home and work on feeling better.

---------Original Text---------
Turtle’s annual overlanding trip. I’ve done this one and it is fantastic! … Starting at Big Bar Lake camp ground on Saturday 4th September and heading for the Big Bar Ferry crossing, then going over China Head and a stop at Poison Mountain, through Mud Lakes to Gun Creek area, and finally the trip home.

Plant is to meet at Big Bar Lake camp ground (Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/1vrXdUELYm2HAisbA, BC Parks Site: http://bcparks.ca/explore/parkpgs/big_bar_lk/) on Friday evening. Saturday morning will be an early rise, and down to the Big Bar Ferry (we have to get there by 9am to make the ferry crossing, must be before noon) and up to China Head Mountain. Camping the second night between China Head Mountain/Poison Mountain and Mud Lakes. Sunday will be trekking through the area of Mud Lakes down to Gun Creek Camp Site. On Monday we break camp and make our way home.

Overlanding, Camping (Three Nights, four days), 35s, Rear Locker and Winch recommended. Stock vehicle can do this if you know how to drive it. All vehicles coming on this trip must have extra fuel, spare tire, front and rear tow points. You are responsible for food and water for the time period indicated. Social distancing must be observed, and if you do not feel well, stay home and work on feeling better.
---------Original Text---------

if you are interested, make sure you respond to this posting, so that we have some idea of the number of vehicles and people coming.

Wishing you a great day,

Bob

2010 JK Sahara - Modified
[O|||||||O]
Amateur Radio - VE7 DGN

Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:25 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: 2021 September Long Weekend Overlanding Trip
I'm in. I will head up Friday after work so not likely to arrive in camp until about 9pm.

The Xterra is gone, and Red Rock is ready.

Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:11 pm

I'm in too

RIP FJ Cruiser
<O===O>

Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:51 pm

Im in.

"I don't care about time or money but I'm overworked and underpaid." John Mellencamp, 2014

"Isn't it amazing what you can accomplish, When you don't let the nation get in your way" Gord Downie, 1998. RIP.

Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:57 pm
Profile WWW

Would like to attend the run if the group is okay with it. Ideally, would like to bring the kids along (11&13). They have been on several overnight trips with me and are old pros at it.

Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:51 pm

You are welcome to join us. Please keep an eye on this post as important details may change due to the wildfires (such as where we will camp and which runs we will do).

RIP FJ Cruiser
<O===O>

Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:06 pm

I’d like to come to this one if possible

Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:20 pm

Hi Tina, you are welcome to join us. Keep an eye on the post in case details change.

RIP FJ Cruiser
<O===O>

Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:26 pm

Hello everyone,

If possible we would like to join the group for the outing.

Cheers

Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:47 pm

The more the merrier!

RIP FJ Cruiser
<O===O>

Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:13 pm

I have to get in my order for my camping cot, fridge/cooler, rack, awning.. No necessarily in that order but close.. Hope to join you folks next year for this one. I will be on the daily trips in the meantime. Stay safe and have a fantastic time!

.... Carpe Diem
2021 JLUR Sarge Harnett

-______-
O|||||||O

Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:29 pm

Planning on this one will be heading to big bar sometime Saturday.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:13 pm

Post Re: 2021 September Long Weekend (Changed Please Read)
Starting Saturday 4th September and going to Monday 6th September.

Hello Everyone,

Due to the Wildfire Conditions, Environmental Factors, Weather, etc. the plan for the August Long Weekend has been changed to Apex Mountain. Planning to meet at Nickel Plate Lake Campgrounds (https://goo.gl/maps/Y2CUMyU1uJGi683NA) where we will make our base camp… the best way to get there from Highway #3 (Crow’s Nest Highway) is: https://goo.gl/maps/L2J5K5jnad173Jj58 ... We will be wheeling trails on Apex Mountain and Green Mountain for our runs

I am planning to head out earlier on Friday. If you want to meet me at Hope at 12noon at the Chevron Gas Station (https://goo.gl/maps/yrRxe8x1PZEAapaH8).

Base camp with wheeling trips, 35s, Rear Locker and Winch recommended. Stock vehicle can do this if you know how to drive it. All vehicles coming on this trip must have extra fuel, spare tire, front and rear tow points. You are responsible for food and water for the time period indicated. Social distancing must be observed, and if you do not feel well, stay home and work on feeling better.

Please let me know you have read the change and that you are still interested in coming out.

Thank you and best regards,

Bob

[O|||||||O]
Amateur Radio - VE7 DGN

Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:01 pm
Profile WWW

Yes, I have read the changes and yes, I am still interested in coming.

RIP FJ Cruiser
<O===O>

Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:07 pm

I'll be there. Still leaving Chilliwack around 5 so it will be dark when I arrive (probably).

The Xterra is gone, and Red Rock is ready.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:54 pm

Hey guys,

Change noted. The little guy and I can meet on Friday at 12:00 in Hope for the trip.

Cheers

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:22 pm

Since we now have a single basecamp . . . Any problems if me and the kids arrive on the Saturday (in the late afternoon), ride with the group on the Sunday, and head back home on the Monday? I really want the kids to come but they still have a ton of stuff to do to get ready for school and can't make it for the whole trip.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:50 pm

I've read the update and am still undecided if I'll head to Apex or not.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:10 pm

I have decided that I will attend. I'm bringing a tent heater sweatpants and hoodies. The lake is 5400 FT elevation so plan for chilly nites

"I don't care about time or money but I'm overworked and underpaid." John Mellencamp, 2014

"Isn't it amazing what you can accomplish, When you don't let the nation get in your way" Gord Downie, 1998. RIP.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:29 pm
Profile WWW

Hello,

Filip, Paul, and Ron, awesome that we can have this weekend of wheeling and I’m looking forward to it.

Ron, you are correct that it can get cold at altitude at nights, so everyone bring appropriate gear for mountain camping (good sleeping bag, good thermal blankets, long johns, etc.).

Jeremy, let us know by Friday morning if you are coming out so we can look for you on the radio. For everyone, if you have an amateur radio we will be on 147.57MHz.

Berbice, feel free to come out on Saturday. We may be on a run, but will be back by late afternoon. You may be able to contact us on the radio.

Filip and Dean, I’ll see you guys in Hope at noon at the Chevron Gas Station, and we can head out from there.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments,

Thank you and best regards,

Bob

[O|||||||O]
Amateur Radio - VE7 DGN

Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]