Herd of Turtles Forums
http://hot4x4.ca/phpBB3/

May Long weekend ?
http://hot4x4.ca/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2996
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Goce61 [ Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:42 am ]
Post subject:  May Long weekend ?

Is there an interest in going to the group site at Paul Lake again this year?
If so we need to book soon for a chance to get it. It’s a grassy site suitable for any type of camp unit you have, from tent to A class RV.
I believe it was around 15 bucks a vehicle base on 15 vehicles showing up at camp
There will be a “short” discussion at the mtg

Author:  Red Rock [ Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: May Long weekend ?

It was a great spot to camp last year. I am in favour of returning.

Author:  JessieGill [ Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: May Long weekend ?

I would not mind going again

Author:  Dan [ Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: May Long weekend ?

I would like to go too but my cousin decided to destroy everybody's long weekend by putting his wedding smack in the middle of it.

I could show up Sunday though.

Author:  Red Rock [ Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: May Long weekend ?

So apparently we were too late. I tried to book Paul Lake for the May long weekend only to find that it has already been booked.

EC/BOD - it looks like we need to think of a new spot to camp for May long.

Author:  Dan [ Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: May Long weekend ?

I think every campground in the province is already booked, the reservation system crashes every time I try to get on it. The

Author:  Wes [ Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: May Long weekend ?

Dan wrote:
I think every campground in the province is already booked, the reservation system crashes every time I try to get on it. The


Tomorrow the dates are available for the May long weekend. Right now the latest you can book is Thursday May 17.

Author:  Wes [ Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: May Long weekend ?

Red Rock wrote:
So apparently we were too late. I tried to book Paul Lake for the May long weekend only to find that it has already been booked.

EC/BOD - it looks like we need to think of a new spot to camp for May long.


What does this leave us with options?

Try to book individual sites at a provincial park?
Look at one of the Old Hedley road sites?
Figure out another larger camping area for us? May require a scouting weekend.

How large a spot do we need? How many people/vehicles/tents/trailers do we need to find space for?

Author:  VA7FCH [ Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: May Long weekend ?

What about this camp site:

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explor ... y_alleyne/

I don't know anything about it, but it may be a possible spot to go to.

Author:  VA7FCH [ Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: May Long weekend ?

Here are some pictures I found of the group camp site at Kentucky Alleyne.

Attachments:
DSC02582.jpg
DSC02582.jpg [ 116.39 KiB | Viewed 296 times ]
DSC02550.jpg
DSC02550.jpg [ 122.73 KiB | Viewed 296 times ]

Author:  caesarspalace [ Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: May Long weekend ?

Just a thot, if we don't mind going to a forestry site, we could go back to Resovoir Lk, it's a large site, we went there years ago and had a fun time. We could also take that opportunity to lay some flower wreaths and pay our respects at Grant's memorial.

Author:  Wes [ Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: May Long weekend ?

VA7FCH wrote:
Here are some pictures I found of the group camp site at Kentucky Alleyne.


Unfortunately this and just about all other provincial group sites are booked for the weekend

Author:  VA7FCH [ Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: May Long weekend ?

I stayed at Pickard Creek last year. It is a nice spot, but only has 16 sites.

http://www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca/search/s ... &type=Site

Author:  Goce61 [ Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: May Long weekend ?

caesarspalace wrote:
Just a thot, if we don't mind going to a forestry site, we could go back to Resovoir Lk, it's a large site, we went there years ago and had a fun time.


Unfortunately now, people want it to be travel trailer friendly and this is not.

Author:  caesarspalace [ Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: May Long weekend ?

Goce61 wrote:
caesarspalace wrote:
Just a thot, if we don't mind going to a forestry site, we could go back to Resovoir Lk, it's a large site, we went there years ago and had a fun time.


Unfortunately now, people want it to be travel trailer friendly and this is not.

LOL. Yah, your right, I forgot about the vehicle bath.

Author:  VA7FCH [ Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: May Long weekend ?

The road over the culvert to Nickel Plate was repaired last year, but the outhouses were not. The road itself is still a bit rough for trailers, just like last time we went.

Author:  Wes [ Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: May Long weekend ?

VA7FCH wrote:
The road over the culvert to Nickel Plate was repaired last year, but the outhouses were not. The road itself is still a bit rough for trailers, just like last time we went.


Sadly, due to altitude, the area usually has snow well into June

Author:  BuzzBee [ Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: May Long weekend ?

caesarspalace wrote:
Goce61 wrote:
caesarspalace wrote:
Just a thot, if we don't mind going to a forestry site, we could go back to Resovoir Lk, it's a large site, we went there years ago and had a fun time.


Unfortunately now, people want it to be travel trailer friendly and this is not.

LOL. Yah, your right, I forgot about the vehicle bath.


I made it to Reservoir with a trailer, what?
Gord, your trailer would go. Only one that may have issue would be Gilles, but he could shrink wrap it before the crossing. :dance:

Author:  JessieGill [ Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: May Long weekend ?

Tent trip?

Author:  Goce61 [ Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: May Long weekend ?

BuzzBee wrote:


Gord, your trailer would go. Only one that may have issue would be Gilles, but he could shrink wrap it before the crossing. :dance:


Was thinking more or Gerry and Jeremy

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/