View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
2020 and 2021 4WDABC AGM Updates 

Post 2020 and 2021 4WDABC AGM Updates
Well, it’s been a while since we last had a meeting, and likely this may continue, until the day I can see all your smiling faces once again.
Until then, I’ve been advised to post some updates on our forum, regarding 4WDABC and the VMTA. There have been some significant things going on since we last met in October. This information has been building up over the last few months.

Most of the 4WDABC information is on the 4WDABC Facebook page, and their mass email-outs. I’m sure most of us are on FB, but for those who haven’t seen this, here are some updates.

Updates from Kim Nov 21, 2020. (Summarized and condensed by Ron)

Since the 2020 AGM was postponed last March, in an attempt to honour membership engagement with some form of in-person meeting, the BOD looked for a way to still hold the 2020 AGM before the end of the year. Unfortunately, they ran out of time to be able to have all of the directors available, in addition to the other scheduling and technology issues.

In a conversation with representatives from BC Societies, Secretary Rachelle Tomm, discovered that not only was it acceptable to cancel the 2020 AGM with the current circumstances, but that most Non-Profits in BC had already done just that, and started planning ahead for a proper 2021 AGM. In light of that, the BOD canceled the 2020 AGM.

Seeing as all four of the positions available ran uncontested, the Directors for 2020 remained:
• President: Kim Reeves
• Secretary: Rachelle Tomm
• Merchandise: Jeff Courtney
• Membership: Tai Serafina Van Patter

They are now continuing to plan the 2021 AGM for late March, investigating how to host it online. The positions of VP, Communications, Treasurer, and Regional Director, will be up for nominations.

"I don't care about time or money but I'm overworked and underpaid." John Mellencamp, 2014

"Isn't it amazing what you can accomplish, When you don't let the nation get in your way" Gord Downie, 1998. RIP.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:03 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: 2020 and 2021 4WDABC AGM Updates
2021 AGM Update, date is set, virtual meeting with electronic voting. The new normal.

https://www.4wdabc.ca/events/2021-annual-general-meeting-1

PS. The Herd is encouraged to renew the cub membership for 2021 by then. But I guess we need to vote on that somehow.(?)

"I don't care about time or money but I'm overworked and underpaid." John Mellencamp, 2014

"Isn't it amazing what you can accomplish, When you don't let the nation get in your way" Gord Downie, 1998. RIP.

Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]