Possible runs for September 17/18

List events, gatherings, meets, etc.
Red Rock

Possible runs for September 17/18

Post by Red Rock »

There are a couple of options I am proposing for runs next weekend. First, as in years past, the 4WDABC fall convention is scheduled for Saturday/Sunday. Camping is possible at the Coalmont hotel and, apparently, at what remains of the Granite Creek campground.

When our club has attended in the past, we have camped over Friday night, got up (reasonably) early Saturday, have breakfast in Princeton, then run the Whipsaw ending up at Granite Creek. We camped over Saturday night and left first thing Sunday.

My Jeep is still not on the road although I think I will have it ready sometime this week. Nevertheless, I don't want to run a major trail this close to the Moab trip so someone else will need to lead this run.

Plan B - local day run. The Thurston loop is open again. We only have a few more weeks to run it before the snow shuts us down for the season. Typically, we meet at the Wendy's in Chilliwack on Vedder Road around 10am and then go to the trail from there.

Since I am not running any trails this weekend, someone else will have to step up to run this.

Please post up if you plan to run either trail this coming weekend.
Red Rock

Re: Possible runs for September 17/18

Post by Red Rock »

Update - the 4WDABC has cancelled the fall gathering due to forest fires in the area. All this leaves is a possible day run locally.